If you are self-conscious about the shade of your teeth or if you have staining on some of your teeth, professional teeth whitening treatment is a safe and recommended option for you to consider. Here is how teeth whitening works:
- You will be assessed for the type of staining your teeth have.
- A custom tray is made to fit snugly over your teeth.
- The teeth whitening process is activated by a bleaching agent, which is inserted into the custom tray that transfers it onto your teeth.
Home teeth whitening kits are also available to lighten the teeth more gradually. In this case, the trays with bleaching agent can be worn overnight. With all whitening treatment, individual results will vary and are dependant on your initial tooth colour and the nature of your tooth staining.
Enlighten's Evolution professional teeth whitening treatment is the only system in the world that will whiten up to 16 shades easily and safely and will give you a dramatic look. The system uses state of the art materials which are so good that even the highest concentration of gel used is safe on the gums. Other major professional whitening systems use much higher concentration gels and therefore need to place a barrier on your gums and lips to protect them from being burnt. With Evolution there is absolutely no need for any gum protection!
- Impressions will be taken by a member of our dental team. These impressions will be sent to a state of the art laboratory who will then make high quality sealed bleaching trays for you. This usually takes about two weeks. During this time you will need to use Enlighten's special toothpaste called Tooth Serum twice a day instead of your regular toothpaste.
- Next you will come back to us to pick up your bleaching trays and your home whitening kit. You will then need to whiten your teeth at home every night for two weeks. Make sure you keep using the Tooth Serum twice a day.
- Finally you will return to us for a 40 minute treatment in the surgery. You will need to bring your whitening trays with you. This final treatment will not only boost the colour a little but will ensure the whitening is even and natural looking and help the colour to be more stable i.e. the whitening will last longer.
The good news is that now you can keep your teeth white forever! By keeping your trays safe and purchasing more home gel (Which can be purchased from us) you can top up every now and then. We recommend you wear your trays one night every two or three months to keep your teeth at there optimum whitening level. For added benefit you can use the Tooth serum – this will help maintain the colour and protect your teeth. Come see us for more information today!
- Effective solution for certain types of tooth discolouration and staining.
- Safe treatment when delivered by a dental professional.
- Cosmetically enhances the appearance of teeth.